Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Self in Interpersonal Communication

Today I learn a lot about my self in Interpersonal Communication. I learn that my personality is made by 3 factors, they are Others' Images of You (means other people opinion about us build our personality, they made opinion without being asked), Social Comparison (means our opinion about ourself compare with other people, we usually do it automatically without thinking. Everytime we compare ourself with people around us and change the way we talk or the way we think become like them), and Cultural Teachings (means cultures which build our personality because cultures usually become part of us).
I learn that there is 4 things about our personality which are Open Self (my characters that both I and others know), Blind Self (my characters that just other people know, usually they gossiping about our negative points that we don't even realize it), Hidden Self (my characters that only I who know it, usually my bad habbits,etc) and Unknown Self (my characters that both I and others don't know).
I learn to do self-disclosure my values, beliefs, desires, my behaviour, and my self-qualities or characteristics.
I do the Apprehensive quiz and got 20 as my points.Hha^^
They said I'm a little afraid to talk or communicate..
My friends said I'm loud and talkative.. XD
So??
Haha^^
I also learn some factors that increase communication apprehension, they are degree of evaluation, subordinate status, degree of conspicuousness, degree of unpredictability, degree of dissimilarity, prior successes and failures, and lack of communication skills and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment